Strategic Sourcing for Aluminum Forging
Sun Fast provides offshore services for custom aluminum forgings. We offer strategic sourcing for open-die and closed die forging methods. No matter what casting method your project requires, our offshore partners consistently deliver high quality forged aluminum parts that meet or exceed expectations.
Aluminum forging is a manufacturing process that is accomplished through the intense squeezing or pounding of the aluminum until high-strength forged aluminum parts are formed. Our custom aluminum forgings are ideally suited for applications where strength, safety, and performance will not be compromised due to the light weight nature of the aluminum. ForgedAluminum parts are an ideal solution for applications that require high performance combined with speed and/or energy efficiency. Custom closed die and open-die forgings provide an outstanding strength-to-weight ratio, resulting in high strength, light weight parts.
Custom Aluminum Forging Methods
The two most common aluminum forgings methods that Sun Fast offers are:
- Closed die forgings – Closed die forgings are perfect for smaller more intricate designs and constricted tolerances. The closed die forgings process can produce a custom aluminum forging of almost any shape that ranges in weight from a few ounces to 25 tons. Due to the enclosed nature of two or more dies, the closed die forgings process yields more complex shapes and closer tolerances than open-die forging. The closed die forgings process accounts for most aluminum forging productions seen today.
- Open-die forgings – Open-die forgings are Ideal for producing substantial amounts of aluminum. The open-die forgings process utilizes flat dies, which do not constrain and are free of precut profiles and designs. Massive amounts of aluminum forgings can be accomplished using the open-die forgings process. Massive blocks that measure 80 feet in length and weigh up to 200,000 pounds can be turned into forged aluminum parts without compromising the structural integrity of the product.
Sun Fast International offers strategic sourcing for custom aluminum forgings. Our offshore aluminum forgings sources produce high quality, high precision forged aluminum parts and components that are manufactured to meet your unique specifications.
Aluminum Forging Benefits
There are numerous benefits that are associated with forged aluminum parts, these include:
- Ultra-Strong & Lightweight - With only about one-third the density, aluminum forgings are far lighter than steel. However, despite its lightweight custom aluminum forgings can provide tensile strength up to 13,000 psi. Aluminum alloys that include copper, and zinc content, can have even greater tensile strength. Aluminum forgings are stronger in subzero temperatures than they are at room temperature, with no loss of ductility, making it ideal for applications that regularly encounter extreme cold.
- Non-Corrosive Durability - Aluminum forgings are naturally corrosion resistant. Instead of progressively oxidizing when exposed to air, forged aluminum parts automatically generate a hard, microscopically-thin oxide coating on its surface that protects the material from harsh environmental conditions.
- Non-Magnetic Conductivity - Aluminum forgings exhibit excellent dielectric properties, making it an effective electrical conductor. The material is also non-sparking, non-magnetic, and reflects radiant energy across the entire spectrum.
- Extreme Versatility – The versatility of forged aluminum parts makes them useful for a wide range of industries and applications. Due to Aluminum’s strength, light weight nature, durability, and natural corrosion resistance it is an excellent material for automotive and aerospace components, hand tools, and nearly everything in between.
Sun Fast’s custom Aluminum forgings providers can produce forged aluminum parts in a broad range of sizes and custom shapes that match your design requirements. They work with aluminum in various grades and alloys—contact us to discuss material availability.
Forged Aluminum Part Applications
Aluminum forgings are ideal for parts used in applications that require superior strength and safety. As such, custom aluminum forgings are commonly found at points of repeated shock or stress. Common forged aluminum parts include:
- Aircraft frames and wheels
- Automobile chassis and body panels
- Automotive drive train and engine components
- Structural components for construction
- Decorative architectural components
- Components for boats and marine equipment
- Processing equipment
Why Choose Sun Fast for your Aluminum Forgings?
Sun Fast is your premier sourcing agent for superior quality aluminum forgings. Our offshore aluminum forgings providers utilize proven processes and advanced equipment to ensure high precision and part-to-part repeatability. We can deliver the forged aluminum parts your project requires in the quantities you need. This is all accomplished with quick turnaround times and prices that fit your budget.